We need help! There are lots of ways you can get involved to support our programs:
- At Home. Will you transcribe oral history interviews? Create indexes and finding aids? Work on our website? Help identify photographs?
- Oral Histories. Are you willing to meet community members and record their stories? We can get you trained and introduced to people whose eye-witness accounts can become part of our collections.
- Walking Tours. Would you like to learn to give a guided tour? Research and develop a new one?
- Archiving Materials. Do you want to help review donated items? Organize and describe them for researchers? Prepare them for transfer and storage?
- Public Programs. Would you like to help plan public events? Work on logistics for fundraisers, panel discussions, or exhibits?
Other thoughts? What would you like to do? Do you have a skill or a passion you’d be willing to dedicate to the community? If so, please get in touch via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone 202-670-7470.